(I published this article last year on my writing blog. Since it's the beginning of the new year I thought it would be worth sharing. If you like this visit my other blog for more interesting essays on the artistic and the spiritual HERE).





WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU CREATED SOMETHING?
"We have to make time for our art making. Cultivating a consistent time to express ourselves through art is hard. For those of us who are artistic, planning art into our lives is necessary. Just like setting aside time to pray, it is equally important to set aside time to “make art”.




My friend, who is an accomplished independent filmmaker, artist, actor, writer, and director, asked me once why I don’t create more (i.e. direct, paint, design etc.)? I didn’t answer right away, so he asked, “Do you just do larger productions…you go from one big project to the next?” I thought for a moment…then answered “yes”. This friend was always directing some theatre piece and directing a film project and writing a script. I must confess, I was jealous. Why did he produce so much more than me?..." read more -> 


0 BE HIP! share your comments. Give your thoughts.:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts.

top