Crazy Love Online Art Project







As Creative Arts Pastor at my church, I have been promoting a special art project based on the book our church is currently using as our home group study material (Crazy Love by Francis Chan).  

Since I have started an art gallery in our offices, I have been asking for art submissions to be displayed that reflect this theme in a deeply personal way. The church dead line for submissions is Nov. 19th.

This idea seemed too good to just have my church participate, so I thought I would extend this to my online community. Wouldn't it be cool to be inspired by each other’s creations? Even if you can't participate please come back to see what others have done - and let God be glorified.

So here it is - Not all of us consider ourselves artists but many of us have other creative ways of expression.  I'm looking for original - poems, song lyrics, a thought, photos, pictures of: paintings, drawings, sculpture, collage etc...The deadline is Nov. 22nd for the online gallery.  Please submit pictures in jpeg format and writing in a word doc.  Email work HERE. Below are excerpts from the book:

The book offers a radical call to consider and emulate living crazy for God. It challenges Christians to take the Bible seriously. It describes at length the sorry state of lukewarm Christians who strive for a life characterized by control, safety and an absence of suffering. In stark contrast, the book offers real-life accounts of believers who have given all—time, money, health, even their lives—in obedience to Christ's call. Chan also recounts his own attempts to
live crazy by significantly downsizing his home and giving away his resources to the poor.

"Sometimes I feel like when I make decisions that are remotely biblical, people who call themselves Christians are the first to criticize and say I'm crazy, that I'm taking the Bible too literally. When people gladly sacrifice their time or comfort or home, it is obvious that they trust in the promises of God. Why is it that the story of someone who has actually done what Jesus commands resonates deeply with us, but we then assume we could never do anything so radical or intense? Or why do we call it radical when, to Jesus, it is simply the way it is? The way it should be?

“Our problem isn't working harder, but realizing who God is, how "crazy" his love for us is, and falling in love with God. Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything in your life”. 

2 BE HIP! share your comments. Give your thoughts.:

Tamara said...

Hey cuz!!! Glad to see someone else in the family has a blog! Want to participate in this but can you believe my creative juices are making me second think this?? We'll see if I can come up with anything! Great blog!!

WT Durrance said...

Hey thank you cuz. Yes Cami has one also. I hope you do submit can't wait to see your expression.

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts.

top